The Resource Beasts of no nation : a novel
- Beasts of no nation : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Uzodinma Iweala
- In this stunning debut novel, Agu, a young boy in an unnamed West African nation, is recruited into a unit of guerrilla fighters as civil war engulfs his country. Haunted by his father's own death at the hands of militants, which he fled just before witnessing, Agu is vulnerable to the dangerous yet paternal nature of his new commander. While the war rages on, Agu becomes increasingly divorced from the life he had known before the conflict started -- a life of school friends, church services, and time with his family still intact. As he vividly recalls these sunnier times, his daily reality spins further downward into inexplicable brutality, primal fear, and loss of selfhood. His relationship with his commander deepens even as it darkens, and his camaraderie with a fellow soldier lends a deceptive sense of normalcy to his experience. In a powerful, strikingly original voice that vividly captures Agu's youth and confusion, Uzodinma Iweala has produced a harrowing, deeply affecting novel. Both a searing take on coming-of-age and a vivid document of the dark face of war, Beasts of No Nation announces the arrival of an extraordinary new writer
- Los Angeles Times Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction, 2005.
- ALA Notable Book, 2006.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2006
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B43 2005
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Beasts of no nation : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Beasts of no nation : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://roddenberry.library.link/resource/wUeMlEunXbA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://roddenberry.library.link/resource/wUeMlEunXbA/">Beasts of no nation : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://roddenberry.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://roddenberry.library.link/">Roddenbery Memorial Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Roddenbery Memorial Library System. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...